Our first and the UK's first MCQ is in the books and we would like to thank everyone who came and made it a huge success!
Our winner has been crowned, winning an invite and a flight to the Mythic Championship in Barcelona, and a crate of War of the Spark.
Congratulations to Francesco Giorgio!
Top 8 Decklists
Apologies for the pictures!
Zer Shivan Peng - U/W Super Friends
Gavin Thacker - Bant Midrange
Mathew Mitchell - Esper Control
Dani Anderson - Esper Super Friends
Alan Warnock - U/B Control
Matthew Garnham - U/G Nexus
Peter Ward - White Weenie
Francesco Giorgio - U/W Super Friends
Thank you all for coming and see you at the next event!
If you are thinking about booking hotels for the Justice Series GT on March 30th & 31st this year, here are some recommendations and local knowledge to help you out! We know that some people have expressed difficulty in finding hotels, and the bigger more well known hotels do tend to be expensive or booked up quite often, but Liverpool has a ton of options for stays to suit every budget. Read on for more details.
Liverpool is a city but is actually quite small and packed together - you can get from most places to the town centre in under 15 minutes. Between Uber and a huge number of local taxis, trains and buses, getting round is easy and affordable so if hotel prices are a concern, don't rule out hotels that are a little farther out of the town centre - it's very easy to get in and out (whether that's in the morning for the event, or at night if you've decided to stay out!). Parking at the Venue is also just £6 a day for event attendees with a huge amount of parking spaces, so if you're driving, it's easy too.
As one of the best destinations for nightlife in the country the city is VERY well serviced for apartments which can accommodate large groups, so if you are travelling with friends, check these out as another option.
Apartments for two at around £80 per night all just a cheap taxi ride/drive away.
Apartments for 6+ people from as little as £36 each per night in city centre locations
Wood Street Apartments (6 people £36 per night each)
Modern 4 Bedroom Flat Moments From Liverpool Central (8 people £51 per night each)
Here is a list of a few of the city's hotels, around £80 per night that still have availability at the time of writing.
The next hotel is located "over the water" in Birkenhead, a town incredibly close to Liverpool but separated by the river. Mersey tunnel fees for a car are £1.80, there are a ton of options in this area - here's a good example:
There are an abundance of hostels around the city centre and outskirts. We'd be happy to hold your armies at the venue overnight if this helps with booking a hostel.
As you can see, there are lots of options available for apartments and hotels in Liverpool at reasonable prices if you know where to look, so if you're considering attending the Justice Series GT, book your stay now, grab a ticket, and we'll see you in March for a great weekend of Age of Sigmar!
And as ever, if you need any more help with accommodation or anything else at all, feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @justplaygamesuk
The JustPlay way has always been to strive for quality in everything that we do, and our kitchen is no exception. Chef Adam Wallis prepares all of our food on-site from fresh, primarily locally-sourced ingredients. Our dishes and sauces are homemade, our bread is from a local bakery, our meat from a local butcher, even the guacamole is made from scratch.
In addition to this, all of our dishes have been designed with the needs of gaming in mind - quick and easy to eat, not dripping with sauce, but without compromising on flavour. We've even got special oval plates so that the dishes take up less precious table or playmat space!
You can see the menu below and in-store. We're intending to expand on our menu soon, as well as bring you specials, other kinds of food, event catering and much more; keep an eye out in store and and for announcements as we're sure the cafe will be a hit and will quickly evolve. On that note, we're very keen to hear your feedback, so if you have any comments on our cafe - good or bad - please tell a member of staff.
As a special introductory offer, everything in the cafe will be 10% off until 19th October!
Without further ado, here's the menu that will be live this week (just a small note, as we're still working out the finer details of suppliers these may be subject to some small changes if we have any teething troubles, but we don't expect that that will last more than a couple of days)
We hope you'll come and try our food, we hope you enjoy it, and most of all we hope it makes the overall JustPlay experience even better!
Chef - Full Time, Permanent
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing food for JustPlay customers
- Creating and maintaining exciting menus
- Sourcing ingredients and dealing with suppliers
- Ordering and Stock Control
- Creating and managing an HACCP-compliant process
- Adhering to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Managing a small team
- Shift Work as appropriate
You must have the following:
- 1+ years experience in a similar role (references are required)
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety for Catering or equivalent qualification
- Reliable, flexible and punctual
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with technology - we're a tech heavy company!
The following would be beneficial:
- You are an active gamer with some knowledge of what JustPlay does!
- A full driving license
What We're Offering
How to Apply
Here are the lists that we took to Blackout 2018 as referenced on Episode 13 of the JustSaying Podcast!
James Tinsdale - Maggotkin of Nurgle (4-1, 8th overall)
- Great Unclean One (General) - Bell and Flail, Pestilent Breath, Endless Gift, Favoured Poxes
- Rotigus - Glorious Afflictions
- Festus the Leechlord - Plague Squall
- Horticulus Slimux
- 2x 30 Plaguebearers
- 10 Putrid Blightkings
Army Total: 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Ian O'Brien - Legion of Nagash (4-1, 12th overall)
- Nagash (General) - Amethystine Pinions, Vile Transference, Fading Vigour
- Necromancer - Balefire Lantern, Decrepify
- Necromancer - Overwhelming Dread
- 40 Skeletons - Spears
- 30 Grimghast Reapers
- 2x 5 Dire Wolves
- Umbral Spellportal
- Aethervoid Pendulum
- Soulsnare Shackles
Army Total: 1900
Extra Command Points: 2
Richard McAlley - Sylvaneth (3-2, 29th overall)
- Alarielle the Everqueen - Throne of Vines
- Spirit of Durthu (General) - Ghyrstrike, Gnarled Warrior
- Branchwraith - Verdant Blessing, Ranu's Lamentiri
- Branchwraith - Regrowth, Acorn of the Ages
- 4x 5 Spite Revenants
- 6 Kurnoth Hunters - Scythes
- Dreadwood Grove
Army Total: 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Store Assistant (Magic the Gathering Specialist)
- Gaming - Great knowledge of some or all of: card games, miniatures games, board games, trending games, general gaming knowledge
- People Skills - Be friendly, approachable, accommodating, and always happy to help
- Written English - Excellent
- Reliability - Punctuality and ability to "just get stuff done"
- Flexibility - JustPlay is a small business, and as such, we have to turn our hand to whatever needs doing
- Basic Computer Skills
- Retail Experience - stocktaking, stock-keeping, inventory management
- Events Organisation - any experience of organising events online or offline
- Social Media
- Media - Film editing, photo editing, photography, streaming, podcasting
- Tech Knowledge - General computer and tech item use, basic troubleshooting
- Driving License and own car
What We're Offering
How to Apply
Players, we're back, and hotter than ever!
It's Prerelease weekend for Magic: The Gathering's core set, M19, and we're having a great time! It's not too late to preorder yourself a box full of dragons (may vary!), or a planeswalker deck. Don't forget, while stocks last you get a free Nexus of Fate with every booster box bought!
Speaking of awesome prereleases, the Final Fantasy trading card game gets its latest addition this month! OPUS VI is here at last. We have a prerelease event this weekend, and we'd love to see you there.
You might have noticed some stuff about football going around lately. Certain catchy songs being played, or just bellowed in the street. Well players, I'm here to tell you that Blood Bowl is coming home! The Naggaroth Nightmares are the latest team to take to the pitch in the game of Fantasy Football, and there's no question they're the absolute best team ever. One of the spikiest, anyway, and that counts for a lot in my book.
So much for the Old World. In the Age of Sigmar, the battle for the silent city of Shadespire is heating up again with a whole lot of new cards! The Leaders pack features a ton of ploys, upgrades and objectives based around playing to your Leader's strengths or bolstering their weaknesses.
While Shadespire is being shaken up, why stop with cards? At long last we have new tiles in the form of the Shattered City pack, featuring lethal terrain to avoid, or use to your own ends!
Whatever you're playing this summer, enjoy, remember to get some sun, and remember our fridge is always well stocked! See you soon, players.