Store Assistant (Magic the Gathering Specialist)
We are looking for someone to join our small team of four as we continue our push to be the best games store around! We are hiring a flexible part-time staff member, for rota'd work between 11am-11pm on weekdays and 10.30am-8pm weekends.We're initially looking for someone who will be available for around 15-20 hours per week plus holiday and sickness cover.
Your primary responsibilities will be taking care of store front operations; making our customers feel welcome, helping them with gaming or non-gaming queries, arranging tables, manning the till, running events, keeping the shop clean and tidy, helping maintain stock, and anything else that needs to be done. JustPlay is a busy store where everyone pitches in to do what's needed.
We are looking for someone with specific experience of Magic: The Gathering - this role will include a heavy component of working on Magic events and for the betterment of the local Magic community. You should be an active Magic the Gathering player who is passionate about the game, with a good knowledge of everything from events to formats to singles prices!
We'd like you to have all of the following skills:
- Gaming - Great knowledge of some or all of: card games, miniatures games, board games, trending games, general gaming knowledge
- People Skills - Be friendly, approachable, accommodating, and always happy to help
- Written English - Excellent
- Reliability - Punctuality and ability to "just get stuff done"
- Flexibility - JustPlay is a small business, and as such, we have to turn our hand to whatever needs doing
- Basic Computer Skills
Skills that are a nice to have, but not a deal breaker:
- Retail Experience - stocktaking, stock-keeping, inventory management
- Events Organisation - any experience of organising events online or offline
- Social Media
- Media - Film editing, photo editing, photography, streaming, podcasting
- Tech Knowledge - General computer and tech item use, basic troubleshooting
- Driving License and own car
What We're Offering
We think we're a pretty awesome employer. We're easy going and won't be on your case as long as you're working hard. We're flexible and reasonable over most things as long as you are too. On top of that, we offer a great staff discount!
How to Apply
Send an email to hello(at)justplaygames.uk, attaching your CV and giving us as brief or in-depth an introduction to yourself as you'd like to write. Please use the title "JOB APPLICATION - STORE ASSISTANT" - this is important, as our mail filter won't catch your application otherwise.
To be honest, we really only want to see your CV to get an idea of what you've done before, so the main thing we're looking for is for you to write us a sweet email telling us why you're the type of person we should interview.
Applications close 17th August. We're looking to recruit someone as soon as possible for this role, so expect things to move quickly. We won't be able to respond to all applicants, so thank you in advance for applying!