We are looking for someone to join our small team of four as we continue our push to be the best games store around! We are hiring a flexible part-time staff member, to work between 10am-10pm Saturdays and 10am-8pm on Sundays. This role is to cover busy periods, holidays, and sickness, and does not have guaranteed hours. There will also be potential for ad-hoc hours during the week if you want them, but the primary focus will be weekends.
Your primary responsibilities will be taking care of store front operations; making our customers feel welcome, helping them with gaming or non-gaming queries, arranging tables, manning the till, running events, keeping the shop clean and tidy, helping maintain stock, and anything else that needs to be done. JustPlay is a busy store where everyone pitches in to do what's needed.
We'd like you to have the following skills:
- Gaming - Great knowledge of some or all of: card games, miniatures games, board games, trending games, general gaming knowledge
- People Skills - Be friendly, approachable, accommodating, and always happy to help
- Reliability - Punctuality and ability to "just get stuff done"
- Flexibility - JustPlay is a small business, and as such, we have to turn our hand to whatever needs doing
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent Written English
Skills that are a nice to have, but not a deal breaker:
- Retail Experience - stocktaking, stock-keeping, inventory management
- Events - experience of organising and running events online or offline
- Microsoft Excel
What We're Offering
- A great role with a small, tight-knit team
- Massive staff discount on all products
How to Apply
Send an email to hello(at)justplaygames.uk, attaching your CV and giving us as brief or in-depth an introduction to yourself as you'd like to write. Please use the title "Job Application - Store Assistant (Weekends)" - this is important, as our mail filter won't catch your application otherwise.
To be honest, we really only want to see your CV to get an idea of what you've done before, so the main thing we're looking for is for you to write us a sweet email that makes us want to interview you!
Applications close 30th November. We're looking to recruit someone as soon as possible for this role, so expect things to move quickly. We won't be able to respond to all applicants, so thank you in advance for applying!