Chef - Full Time, Permanent
JustPlay are hiring a Chef to run our newly fitted kitchen!
In the 2.5 years we've been open, we've never done things by halves. We don't want the JustPlay Cafe to be serving greasy spoon burgers and fried breakfasts; we want it to be much more than that. Our vision is to serve a variety of simple and delicious food that customers can enjoy whilst playing their favourite games.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for creating delicious food, as well as the skills to manage a small kitchen end-to-end. Our ideal candidate will take pride in establishing their kitchen as a leader in the games cafe industry, maintaining through all aspects of the job the high standards that JustPlay are known for.
We want the JustPlay Cafe to develop as a combined vision between us and our Chef - so if you'd love an opportunity to run a kitchen with full input and plenty of autonomy, this could be the job for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing food for JustPlay customers
- Creating and maintaining exciting menus
- Sourcing ingredients and dealing with suppliers
- Ordering and Stock Control
- Creating and managing an HACCP-compliant process
- Adhering to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Managing a small team
- Shift Work as appropriate
You must have the following:
- 1+ years experience in a similar role (references are required)
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety for Catering or equivalent qualification
- Reliable, flexible and punctual
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with technology - we're a tech heavy company!
The following would be beneficial:
- You are an active gamer with some knowledge of what JustPlay does!
- A full driving license
What We're Offering
This is a full time permanent role circa 38 hours per week with opportunity for overtime. We're very flexible and accommodating and if you're working hard for us, we'll work hard for you.
We think we're a pretty awesome employer. We work collaboratively rather than in a "top down" manner, meaning that we want our staff to have a say in how things should be done. This goes doubly for this role where you will have a large amount of input into every area of managing the kitchen.
We offer a hefty staff discount on gaming products.
How to Apply
Send an email to hello(at)justplaygames.uk, attaching your CV and giving us as brief or in-depth an introduction to yourself as you'd like to write. Please use the title "JOB APPLICATION - CHEF" - this is important, as our mail filter won't catch your application otherwise.
Applications close 31st August. We're looking to recruit someone as soon as possible for this role, so expect things to move quickly. We won't be able to respond to all applicants, so thank you in advance for applying!