We are looking for someone to join our small team of two as we continue our push to be the best games store around! We are hiring a part-time staff member, for rota'd evening work between 5pm-11pm on weekdays. We intend and expect this role to grow with the business, and at some point we will be looking for a full-time staff member, so this may also be a gateway to future opportunities (if you want it to be!). We are fine if this is not your only job, and we have no set number of hours that we are hiring for, so if you're interested - let's chat!
Your primary responsibilities will be taking care of store front operations; making our customers feel welcome, helping them with gaming or non-gaming queries, arranging tables, manning the till, running events, keeping the shop clean and tidy, and anything else that needs to be done. JustPlay is very much a startup so we all do whatever is necessary, whether that is cleaning toilets or running events.
An important part of your role is also playing games. We expect that you will be enthusiastic about games and gaming we encourage you to game during your work hours whenever there is time!
We'd like you to have all of the following skills:
- Gaming - Great knowledge of card games, miniatures games, board games, trending games, general gaming knowledge
- People Skills - Be friendly, approachable, accommodating, and always happy to help
- Written English - Excellent
- Reliability - Punctuality and ability to "just get stuff done"
- Flexibility - JustPlay is a startup, and as such, we have to turn our hand to whatever needs doing
Skills that are a nice to have, but not a deal breaker:
- Retail Experience - stocktaking, stock-keeping, inventory management
- Events Management - any experience of organising events online or offline
- Social Media
- Media - Film editing, photo editing, photography, streaming, podcasting
- Tech Knowledge - General computer and tech item use, basic troubleshooting
What We're Offering
We think we're a pretty awesome employer. We're easy going and won't be on your case as long as you're working hard. We're flexible and reasonable over most things as long as you are too. We want you to play games at work!
We offer a competitive rate of pay, and of course a hefty staff discount on all items we stock or can buy in!
How to Apply
Send an email to hello(at)justplaygames.uk, attaching your CV and giving us as brief or in-depth an introduction to yourself as you'd like to write. We'll be honest, we're not really that big on CVs and really only want to see it to get an idea of what you've done before, so the main thing we're looking for is for you to write us a sweet email telling us why you're the type of person we should interview.
Edit: The response to this post has been absolutely overwhelming - thank you for your interest! We missed out of the post originally that applications close midnight 3rd February so please get in touch before then. Thanks!